The 7th International Workshop on Metrology for X-ray Optics, Mirror Design and Fabrication (IWXM) will be held in Berlin, Germany, from April 5th-7th, 2022 as a satellite workshop of the Synchrotron Radiation and Instrumentation-SRI conference 2022.
It will provide a forum for presentation and discussion on the latest developments in X-ray optics like mirrors, gratings, reflection zone plates, etc. with particular regard to improvements in metrology, deterministic surface finishing, developments in ML-coatings, simulation of optical systems performance. Contributions from private companies are welcome.
The workshop will include a series of oral and poster presentations as well as a tour of the BESSY-II synchrotron radiation source. The workshop will be held as a hybrid-event with the option of participation in person as well as virtual.
- Fabrication and finishing technology for X-ray mirrors
- Metrology challenges for X-ray mirrors
- Active and adaptive optics for X-ray applications
- X-ray beam shaping, wave front optimization and coherence preservation
- In-situ metrology and wave front measurements
- Optics for ultra-short/ultra-intense pulses
- X-Ray optics for astronomy
- Multilayer optics characterization and metrology
- Beamline performance and scientific results obtained by using novel optical schemes
- Specifications for optics at new storage ring and free-electron laser sources
- Simulation and data analysis
- Theoretical framework for describing source coherence, and the propagation of mutual coherence, along with analytical- and numerical- modeling
- Measurements of spatial and temporal coherence
- Application of AI for beamline performance optimization and operation